- 199,000 customers
- More than 200 employees
- 6,000 total miles of natural gas transmission and distribution lines
- 106 communities served
Major Communities Served
- La Vista
Nebraska offers a pro-business climate, a right to work state, provides a strong work ethic and a central location make it an ideal place to start or expand your business. It is also a right-to-work state. Nebraska is in the center of the NAFTA trade corridor. Air, rail and ground transportation are a few of the many logistical benefits. There are a wide variety of incentive programs and opportunities to help your business locate and succeed today and in the future. Nebraska was ranked third in Pollina’s Top 10 Pro-Business States ranking and No. 4 in CNBC’s top states for business in 2014. Nebraska offers advantages for many targeted industries including: Bioscience, Medical Advantages, Agricultural, Food Processing, Bioenergy and Distribution.
- #2 Pollina Corporate Real Estate Inc. Corporate Top 10 Pro-Business States for 2013, 2014 and 2015
- #3 Lincoln and #6 Omaha named Best Cities for Saving Money by GO Banking Rates
- #2 Papillion for Best Places to Live 2015 by Time
- #4 Best State for Doing Business in 2014 according to CNBC
- #7 in the Well-Being Index by Gallup-Hathways
- #1 Lincoln named best city in the nation for job opportunities by TheStreet.com
- Google announced Lincoln has been named the 2013 eCity of Nebraska
- #3 in Business Friendliness, CNBC America's Top 5 States in Business 2013
- #3 in Pro-Business States by AEDI/Pollina Corporation 2014
- #4 by CNBC for the Best state for doing business 2014
- #4 Wall Street Journal Best Run States in America: A Survey of All 50
- #5 Gretna as the fifth-best city in Nebraska for homeowners - NerdWallet.com
- #6 Forbes Best States for Business 2013
- #4 Lincoln and #17 Omaha Forbes Best Places for Business and Careers 2013
Cost of Energy
Nebraska has a wealth of programs. Contact us to help navigate the system.
The Nebraska Advantage program provides sales and use tax refunds, wage credits, investment credits and personal property tax exemptions. These are all benefits a qualified company can receive. Download the brochure - (pdf)
Businesses have many options in acquiring capital for startup, expansion or relocation in Nebraska. Black Hills staff can help identify programs that meet your specific needs. Following are options that identify state, local or federal programs that could be accessed for your project’s needs.
Local communities have the ability to assist a company in the economic development efforts through LB840. The plans vary by community, but provide assistance in the form of infrastructure improvements, job training, financing and staffing. Local Option Municipal Economic Development Act
Communities in our service territory which have voted to create LB840 programs include: Beatrice, Blair, Columbus, Crete, Fairbury, Geneva, La Vista, Milford, Norfolk, Plattsmouth, Schuyler, Seward, Tecumseh, Wakefield, Wayne and West Point.
- Community Development Block Grant
- Customized Job Training Program
- Nebraska Microenterprise Partnership Fund
- Invest Nebraska Corporation
- Tax Increment Financing
- USDA Rural Development Nebraska
- Small Business Administration
- Nebraska Personal Income tax rate is 6.84% for $27,000 and above.
- Nebraska has no standard deduction for income taxes, but allows itemized deductions including property tax, qualified charitable contributions, etc. depending on the income level and filing type of the taxpayer.
- Nebraska has no personal exemptions.
Nebraska wants you to be successful. Nebraska offers a highly educated skilled and motivated workforce. Progressive programs of study are available across the state to meet a company needs. Nebraska exemplifies the close relationship between the quality of work and the quality of lives. Nebraskans are successful in blending work and play. With minimal commute times, life long learning and progressive career opportunities, Nebraska is a great place to live.
The Nebraska Advanced manufacturing Coalition has announced that it is launching a new initiative aimed at developing a more robust STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) workforce for the state. The initiative aims to increase the number of students who enroll in STEM courses, better prepare young people for success in school and provide educational opportunities with workforce demands. Nebraska is also active in the Dream it Do it Initiative.
We feel we’re pretty good at what we do. Read about other companies that have benefited.
This might just be the place you’re looking for.
Our team of experienced and trained professionals is dedicated to assisting you with a variety of needs, like site selection or financing.
We have some pretty amazing partners in the communities where we do business. And they’d all be more than willing to help you with your organization’s plans to grow.
Search Sites and Buildings
Find a building in our territory.