Black Hills Energy subscribes to Decision Data, the premier on-line source for U.S. demographic data and GIS mapping. If you are a Black Hills Energy-served community, your Black Hills Energy state economic development manager can generate reports for you.
Selected features include:
- Custom reports for any U.S. geography.
- Quick and accurate market analysis.
- Fully interactive maps.
- Radii-based maps and reports.
- Summary and comparison reports for any U.S. geography.
- Access to current year estimates and five-year projections.
- Complete access to 1990 and 2000 Census data.
- Geographies including: custom radii, custom drive times, counties, census tracts, block groups, U.S. places, DMAs, MSAs, CBSAs, zips and more.
- Over 40 easy-to-use pre-formatted summary, comparison and rank reports to choose.
- Export charts, maps, reports and data into Word and Excel for presentation-quality output.
Reports are available in summary, comparison, ranking and radius-based versions. Summary reports contain multiple user-defined variables for a single geography; comparison reports offer side-by-side comparisons of up to 16 geographies; and ranking reports rank multiple geographies by the performance of specific user-defined variables such as gender, income, employment, housing value or household composition. The radius option makes it possible to summarize the entire area of a given radius or to compare multiple radii depending on the reported needed.
Decision Data - Cooperative Investment Option
If you would prefer to purchase your own subscription to Decision Data, Black Hills Energy may pay up to $500 toward the purchase of a one-year subscription. Applications are subject to fund availability and approval of the Black Hills Energy state economic development manager.
Apply now if your organization would like to seek assistance for purchasing the Decision Data program.